The advances in the Porsche electrical system acknowledged by the scientists at Center of Automotive Management include its 800-volt construction, two-speed transmission on the rear axle, high recovery power of up to 265 kW and the highest cd performance in the category.
The award ceremony will took place on 14 July 2020, and was stremed live and hosted by Markus Lanz, of the German television broadcaster ZDF.
With this award the Tycan adds one more item to its list of awards that already include:
- World Car of the Year 2020 in both World Performance Car and World Luxury Car categories: World Car of the Year (WCOTY)
- Car of the Year: BBC TopGear Magazine (UK)
- Game Changer of the Year: BBC TopGear Magazine (UK)
- The China Green Car of the Year: Chinese Car of the Year (CCOTY)
- German Car of the Year (GCOTY)
At the University of Applied Sciences, in Bergisch Gladbach, the Center of Automotive Management (CAM) is an autonomous academic institution for technical consultancy and analytical automotive and mobility analysis. The Center President, Professor Stefan Bratzel, has been studying the technologies of major car manufacturers since 2005.